Sunday, March 22, 2015

What A Dork

Hello,

A few days ago in class I did something silly. I glued my nail tip to my finger. So before you judge me too badly let me try to explain. In my nail tech class we use manikin hands and nail tips for practicing. The glue I was using was instant nail glue. For those of you that have never used nail glue, it is crazy strong! I put a small amount onto the nail tip and proceded to glue it to my manikin's finger. That's when I felt something on my finger and bam! Pulled my finger away from my manikin and realized I was one with my nail tip.

I tried to soak it in hot water first and when that did nothing I had to soak my finger in acetone. Ugh incredibly drying. The acetone started off clear and as time went on it turned white. The tip dissolved from my finger., leaving glue on my finger.

Since the acetone wouldn't dissolve the glue I grabbed a nifty file and filed it away. I was worried that the glue would mess up my finger for a bit an prevent me from being able to clock out of school. Yes I mean clock out. At school we use our finger and place it on a scanner to clock in and out for the day. Luckily it did not! Who wants to bet I'll end up doing it again?!

Then later that day I ended up spitting water out of my face onto my BUSM book :( I have no idea why or how really. One second I had a big mouth full of water and the next second I've got a wet page and a partially filled mouth.

Yes, I am special.

-ALG






No comments:

Post a Comment