Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Let's Get Down To Business

Hey y'all,

No pun intended lol but today I got quite a bit done. Went to school from 8:30-12:30. After I got home I walked the baby, packed my bag, and off to Starbucks I went. I have been rather busy lately and not able to get my homework done. Here's a cool photo of some of my nail tech notes!


If y'all have ever studied with me or seen me in my study/homework mode this won't surprise you. I took over this biggerish table at Starbucks. Thank goodness it wasn't crowded. The first item I bought was an iced grande green tea soy latte double matcha powder in a venti cup . . . yeaaa tall order. Aren't the bubbles mesmerizing?



Sat down and checked Facebook, email, Snap, etc. Starbucks had the music on kind of loud so I popped in my Apple earphones and turned on the Songza. I don't know how that works, but I listened to regular music from my phone and the loud Starbucks music but was able to focus well. Finished up chapter 5 for nail school. Did 60+ vocab cards. Wrote y'all a lil blog post. Watched some YouTube videos.


Took a break and got a refill on my beverage. They finally had the peach tea soooo that's what I got! If you've read my old posts you know how crazy I get about peach stuffs. Isn't it purdy? I didn't know that's what the Teavana tea bags looked like. Very sturdy material too. Oh so because I was stationed at Starbucks and currently have the Green level I got this baby for FREEs. Then moved on to the business homework (hence the no pun intended comment -.- ). On the photo above you can see my BUSM binder opened up to chapter 1 along with my spiral notebook. When I take notes I like to highlight, underline, caps lock, box, etc various key words to help make it a bit more appealing to the eye.

I ended up getting another cup of tea. This time I got the youthberry tea and a cranberry orange scone (since Panera stopped selling their muffin for now!). I almost finished reading and note taking for the first chapter. I usually fall behind in classes because I don't take advantage from the start, but this time I'd like to change that! My professor gave us access to study guides for the exams in the class. I have them all printed out and as I read along in the book I take notes and answer the questions! Yea probably what normal smart students do, but I am slowly learning lol

Looking back over my day I would say that overall I had a good day. Ending it feeling relatively happy too. Something that doesn't happen as often as I think it should.

I hope you all felt happy at one point during your day!

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment