Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Oh So Fancy ^_^

Hey there,

Since I only have two classes on Tuesdays I agreed to go to the Bistro with Sarah, Bob, and Bob's roommate. The Bistro is a sit down restaurant in the Village at UCSD. Luckily they do accept dinning dollars not cash. Look how fancy it looks inside! I mean could be nicer of course, but it is still really nice when I am used to going to dinning halls.

We were seated at a nice little table. The waitress then went to grab us some water and chips. I had no idea what kind of chips she was talking about. To my amazement she brought out wonton skin triangle chips!!! That's like my favorite part of wontons, eggrolls, etc. The chips came in a cone made of nori wrapped in a wire cone. The two small sauces were sweet and sour and some sort of artichoke/pesto/idk sauce. I LOVED the chips!! The bottle of water on the table made us all feel so fancy. I wonder how they clean the bottles though.


I ordered the tofu pho. Staring into my bowl of pho I was reminded of the time SJ and I went to eat pho after his track meet. Good times right? I wish that it had veggies in it, but I was content with tofu. Not bad for $8 right?

Bob was craving ribs, but ribs were not an option. Instead she chose the sliders. When the waitress brought her plate it caught my eye for sure. I mean look at those crazy chips and the cute little sliders!

I figured I deserved some red bean ice cream. It was $3 though, but it had three small scoops. It was so yummy! I think I will eat here like once a month because I am addicted to the wonton chips. It hasn't even been a day and I feel like I am having withdrawals! I am even contemplating going back to get the free chips then order ice cream and leave lol Yes, it was that good!!




Before my class I took this photo. It was quite cool today. I wore shorts and slippers and by the evening I was wearing long pants instead.
Well, this was my break from homework. Back to Chem studying :l

ALG

4 comments:

  1. Looks like the best food at UCSD, especially the wonton chips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fancy won ton chips in a nori cone! That looked so yummy! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was sooo good. Going tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete