Friday, February 28, 2014

7 Layer Jello

Last one for today,

My mom has been making this dish called 7 layer jello for as long as I could remember. I was wanting jello so I bought two boxes last weekend and made it this evening at Schatzi's apartment. These are the ingredients (Schatzi got me the other two items). I also used boiling water.
When my mom would make 7 layer jello she would have me divide the flavored jello in half. So here is what I started off with. The left bowl has the mango packet and the right has the raspberry.
After mixing the Knox into each I poured the mango into a glass and marked the half point and poured the other half back into the bowl. (The recipe calls for four boxes, but I only got two. Yes, knowingly.)
Before mixing the jello packet with boiling water I made the milk mixture! Look at that sweet thick yumminess!
So the most difficult part of this whole process would be the timing. I obviously had a few issues when it came to timing. I let the first layer, raspberry, sit in the fridge for a bit. I jiggled it a bit and it seemed fine. That's what I thought till I got a little too ambitious with the milk layer. Oopies, but at least it was just the second layer.
I repeated my steps, without the mess up. Once the jello was nice and settled I used a knife and a ruler to make somewhat even cubes.

Voila! Schatzi wanted me to post a picture of the jello from the side. Sorry it's not straight (I had already cut the jello lol). There's the final result! I'll let you know how they are in the comment section.

Night everyone!

ALG



2 comments:

  1. Nice looking jello squares. I'm sure they tasted good as well.

    ReplyDelete