Monday, February 24, 2014

My Bowl :O

Morning,

So yesterday had its ups and downs. I got up early thanks to Schatzi giving me a wake up call. Did my laundry, Got a lot of reading done. Later in the afternoon when Schatzi left I noticed bumps on my cheeks. I have never (or atleast I don't recall) had a reaction from a face product before. Or atleast not like this . . . Probably could be waaaaay worse, but thank goodness it isn't. I washed my face with oatmeal and felt a tad bit better. I just hope it goes away soon.

Was using the microwave when it happened. I saw my bowl (my $2.99 bowl from Ross) falling in slow motion. Nothing was in the bowl though so I guess that's good. Have I ever broken a dish before? I don't think I have so I am documenting this as my first time! After it broke I kind of stood there in dismay. I couldn't believe the bowl that was supposed to last me through college and have a special spot in my own place was broken. I knew I had to do a good job cleaning up so I grabbed a bag and carefully picked up the pieces.

Apparently not carefully enough though. One of the pieces sliced the knuckle on my middle finger. I can't stand paper cuts and that is what it looked similar to. This cut was a bit wider than a paper cut though. I finished picking up as many pieces as I could then vacuumed up the shards. The cut stung every time my finger bent. Wrapped a band aid round my finger and went on with my evening. I found that the band aid wasn't good enough. My finger still bent when I was typing so I made myself a splint. Yes, I know that you all think I be crazy, but it worked. No pain! As of right now my cut is healing rather nicely and I think it was all thanks to the splint. It kept the skin together and gave it time to heal. Doesn't make losing my precious bowl okay, but it'll do.

Long week ahead.

ALG



3 comments:

  1. Would think the bowl wouldn't break landing on carpeted floor, but then carpet is pretty thin. Glad your finger is better. Now you can search for a replacement bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be taken as a bad omen dont you think?

    ReplyDelete