Monday, January 20, 2014

A Whole Chicken?!?!

Hi guys,

I went to the beach the other day with Bob and Sarah, but I have a bit of work to do so that blog will come at a later date. I will say that after the beach Bob and I felt the need to try to moisturize our feets. Not sure where, but I learned about mixing olive oil with lotion to help moisturize. We didn't have plastic wrap so she used the trash bags and I used the grocery bags. Ain't we fancy? Bob wanted to only wear em for 10 minutes, but we got caught up watching YouTube videos. Watched videos for probably 20 minutes!!


Remember the day when my brother came to UCSD? My mom gave me a daffodil plant. She knows they are one of my favorite flowers! When I received the plant it was 4-5 inches shorter and none of the flowers were bloomed. Look at it now! I just have to keep remembering to water it twice a week lol


When I used to live at home I would have chicken maybe 5 times a week. Here I have chicken not that often . . . I have kind of been on the verge of a vegetarian. I didn't notice! So I have been getting a bit too excited when I see chicken at the dinning halls. Was doing my homework earlier and thought I could use some chicken. Sad thing is that I realized it was "Meatless Monday" at the dinning hall :( Sarah and I stopped by the market and I got a whole chicken!

Got back to the dorm, laid out a trash bag on the table, and go to work. No, I didn't eat it all! I used a plastic knife to cut up my chicken. Don't doubt the power of the plastic knife! (When I was little a plastic knife attacked me! Jk! I actually cut myself with it . . . ) After however many minutes of hard work this is my container of chicken. Purty right? I devoured a third of the chicken along with some cucumbers with sweet chili sauce for dinner. Oh and a chocolate almond milk! (This time I went to buy it so I didn't end up with another Hershey's bar. Thanks Bob.)

Back to work now!

ALG



4 comments:

  1. Wow, that daffodil must like your dorm room environment! Good job on that chicken with a plastic knife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does like the dom, but i am not sure if it just too tall now or if i am taking care of it wrong..it doesnt stand up well

      Delete
  2. The daffodil is so pretty :) If it was meatless Monday then why did they even have chicken in the dining halls?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Oh the chicken was from one of the markets on campus

      Delete