Sunday, January 19, 2014

Salted Caramel Macarons!

Hey there!

Remember my friend from the Balboa Park & Whitney Cummings post? He invited me over to his place so Bob and I went yesterday! The original plan was to finish class at 1, meet him at my dorm, catch the shuttle to the bus, and the bus to UTC to meet Bob. What ended up happening was me going to some girl's house to look at clothes, met him at my dorm, ate lunch, and realized I forgot to tell Bob the change in my plans! Sarah saw us sitting in the common room and said Bob was on her way to UTC. I panicked and she called Bob 11 times before she picked up. Thank goodness she picked up. Bob waited at the bookstore for us. We met up and made our way to UTC where I stopped for a potty break and Bob got her Starbucks. Then we took the long ride to his house; seriously it was like an hour! Fun bus ride, if you disregard the carsickness and my bladder reminding me I had to pee again!

I told him in advance to get the ingredients so we could bake macarons, but did he? Nope! He went to the store and forgot the ingredients for the cookies! Yet he got what HE needed. Typical guy right?! Since we needed the ingredients before we could start to make the cookies he rode off on his bike to buy em. While he was gone Bob and I hid some money (which as of this post he still has yet to find) in his house to make up for him paying for Bob's bus ticket. There's the kitchen counter area with the ingredients along with his ipad showing CookWithApril tutorial!

In the email I sent him I listed the ingredients AND the links to the videos. Turns out he didn't even watch the videos! He didn't have the sifter for the flour and powdered sugar. At first he used a colander, then realized it wasn't working very well he cleaned a screen he had in the closet in hopes that it would work better. In the meantime Bob and I watched Family Feud and Law & Order!
While he was trying to sift the two ingredients, I had already made the salted caramel sauce!Didn't have any of the fancy pipping bags, so I used what I always use. Ziplock baggies! Not bad right? I tried to make them all similar in siz
e and shape.
This is us trying to share the kitchen space. I was probably dealing with the batter while he was cleaning off some of the dishes I made. While the first batch of cookies were baking Bob decided she would make mole for us to eat. Did he have mole sauce? Nope, so off to the store he went again! Bob tried to give him money for the mole sauce, but he wouldn't take it. Guess what we did?! Yup, we hid $5! He found that though. Bob and I told him where we hid it since the places his mom suggested weren't the right ones.

Oh, we also watched a movie! Remember the movie What To Expect When You're Expecting? Came out a long time ago, but I still had yet to see it so that's what we watched. I enjoyed it! I mean I did tear up like four times during the movie. Y'all know how I cry at almost every movie! I recommend this movie to my mom and my sister!

Here's the final product (not all of them are pictured)! I will admit that the first batch, the green ones, were on the crunchy side. It was my first time so gimme a break! The second batch, the blue ones, turned out to be perfect! I mean, after I took em out too early and then shoved em back in after the last batch. The last batch, the "Baja Desert" ones, turned out to be less crunchy than the first but not nice like the second. Made the cute little sandwiches with the salted caramel sauce in the middle! Looking at them now I kinda think they look like pretty patties from Spongebob.

Bob and I left his house after 1 am lol He sent us home in a cab. Funny thing is that I didn't know the exact address lol Good thing Bob knew! Got back to campus at 1:55 and finally back to the dorm at 2:00 cuz we walked from a parking structure . . . yeah we are a weird pair! Overall it was a relaxing day full of silly moments, a LOT of laughing!!

ALG



4 comments:

  1. At least he thought of the window screen as a substitute. The macarons look good. Glad you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so delicious :) you should make some for me sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh, that sounds like so much fun! We should definitely do it sometimes!

    ReplyDelete