Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Henna

Hey guys,

I was in Indian Club back in my high school days and for a fundraising idea we held a henna tattoo booth on the main path. I don't think I ever used the henna paste, but I watched a bit. Since then I have been wanting to obtain some henna paste of my own to mess around with. Clearly it has been quite a few years, but hey I got it! I ordered my henna cones from Amazon and it wasn't too expensive so I was content. Took maybe two weeks to get here and I was surprised when the package magically appeared in my room one night. It's always nice to come home to something sweet (the puppy, date night, bedtime stories, food, and of course henna) after a night at work.

Let's just say that I am not the most artistic individual you know. I gave it a shot and it did not turn out well . . . I searched up some photos on Google to use as some form of inspiration/reference. After finding photos I used a fine tip marker to draw a design on my foot. Figured I should start with an area nobody will see. Started off decent(ish) but went downhill pretty fast. I messed up and tried to rub off the paste. Now if you have no experience with henna paste let me tell you that the second it comes into contact with your skin it will STAIN you! It also took off my marker design.

There's the end result. I didn't leave the paste on for as long as I should of because I had to put shoes on, but it was for practice.

In my defense, trying to draw on your own foot is not that simple! Plus I am not very flexible so that did not help.


The other day I decided I would give it another shot. This time I used a different cone. I cut less of the tip which resulted in a smaller hole for the henna paste to squeeze out of. I chose the inside of my left calf in hopes that it would be a bit easier to design. Same steps. Google. Marker design. Apply henna paste.

I left the paste on for almost half an hour and I think that made the end result much more vivid. Looks like I improved, right? Took a very long time for me to draw the marker design and apply the henna paste. Why? Because I kept changing up my design and then my foot and leg would fall asleep. We all know how uncomfortable a sleeping limb can be. Anyhow, there it is! I really enjoy doing these henna tattoos. I am not sure the exact reason as to why. I could enjoy it because it allows me to put a design on my skin that'll last many days without the pain and cost of a real tattoo. I may enjoy it because it is another creative outlet. I also see it as a challenge. I want to be able to apply the paste with more accuracy and ease. I also feel like having to spend so much time to focus on this task helps to calm my mood. I am an extremely emotional individual and pms was not helping. I tend to take all that emotional built up craziness out on others without wanting to and to be able to sit and use the other half of my brain definitely takes me out of the moment.

Too bad my brother won't let me give him a henna tattoo. I wonder if the process would be easier on another person?

-ALG

1 comment:

  1. henna tattoo designs tattoo designs are mostly liked by women.These tattoo are temporary, no need to much bother about removal procedure.

    ReplyDelete