Sunday, October 4, 2015

Mermaid Anatomy?

Afternoon everyone,

This past week I decided to go for a larger henna design that would take up most of my forearm. I found a cool mermaid anatomy looking tattoo online and thought I would give it a shot. First step, as usual, sketch it out with a marker. Let me just say that it is difficult enough to draw but even more difficult to try to draw upside down. It was late at night when I sketched it out so I slept with it because I knew I would end up making changes the next day.


Of course I woke up the next morning and made some minor changes. Little thinner here, longer fin, etc. For some reason I seem to end up at the kitchen counter to do my henna. Here it is half way done.The hardest part of this henna design would have to be the bone detailing.

All done! The hair was my favorite part to do because I could move quickly and be creative with the waves in her hair. Glad that she still looked awesome without a real face because I can not draw a face for the life of me!

What do you guys think? Had quite a few people comment on it at work the past few days. This may just be my favorite henna so far.

Halloween designs to come maybe . . .

-ALG



No comments:

Post a Comment