Sunday, October 4, 2015

Wedding Dresses

Hi,

I went with my mom to her salon appointment the other day and thought I'd flip through a magazine while I was chilling in the waiting room. Of course my eyes were drawn to the magazine with the wedding dress.

If you didn't know I've always wanted to go to a dress shop and try on a bunch for fun. I feel like it could either be a really exciting and inspirational or depressing. Why? Well  exciting because who doesn't want to put on a pretty dress?! Inspirational because one day I would really like to get married. I want to get a feel for what that dress shopping day/week would be like. But why depressing? I am short and it makes me worried that everything will be too long and I'll get lost in the fabric. I am also small on the top so all the strapless dresses will want to slide down on me. And I am not getting married any day soon lol




I think I appreciate the intricate detailing on the bodice of the dress. Yes I realize that taking a photo of a glossy page is not the best, but you get the idea.

When the day finally comes I have the feeling I will end up with a strapless dress that's got a bit of the princess bottom going on.






Just look at that beautiful design. Long sleeves aren't usually my thing, but this I don't think I would mind wearing.

There it is again. That poofy skirt bottom. I think having that volume gives a younger look.

This dress would be awesome for a winter outdoor wedding. With the trees in the background no?






Now this dress here has a gorgeous train. As much as I like it I know that I would be the one to get tangled in it somehow and trip!

This one has the long sleeves again, but look at the button detail down the back. Like or don't like? I think buttoning like that should only be on white mermaid style wedding dresses. Regardless, think about how uncomfortable that would be to lean back on. Ouch!!

Wedding dresses come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, colors, lengths, etc. I feel like it's a whole different world of fashion. A wedding dress should reflect the personality of the bride.

When my time comes I hope that I don't run into my usual problems. For example, oh it's the last one and not your size and conveniently can't be altered to your body. Or it costs too much. I don't see the point in spending thousands of dollars on a dress for not even a whole day but a few hours. On the other hand if that's the cost of the perfect dress I may need to start saving now!

-ALG



No comments:

Post a Comment