Sunday, October 18, 2015

Apple Snack!

Hi,

We all get those late night cravings right? Mine tend to be anything salty, crunchy, and sweet. I work Sunday nights at Victoria's Secret and it is always at an odd time. Odd meaning eating dinner before is too early and eating after work is far too late. Kind of sucks because I am not really hungry before work then half way through work I turn into this hangry individual. Right, so the purpose of this post is to share this simple relatively healthy snack!

1. Dice up an apple. I am used to eating fuji apples. I suppose this would be just as tasty with any type of apple.

Also is it weird that I don't wash my apples? If I am using apples in a baked dish then I will wash them OR if it's for someone else I will wash the apples. Do don't freak out if I have shared some food item with apple in it with you!




2. Squeeze some peanut butter on top of the diced apple. I know it's probably a waste, but I like to use a knife to put some peanut butter into a baggie then cut a hole in the tip to squeeze it out. I mean if you've ever tried to spread peanut butter you know how dang difficult it is!! Give it a try!










3. Then take some dark chocolate and smash it up! I used this dark chocolate from Godiva. I originally bought it to use in my hot chocolate mix but this worked out pretty well. Take the dark chocolate pieces and sprinkle them over the apple.






4. Bam! All done. It was THAT simple!! It's almost like a caramel apple but not on a stick. Also not caramel . . . Wow that was not a good comparison was it? Just look at that yumminess! Writing this post makes me want it again tonight. Perfect because I am working 5-9 tonight at VS!

Hope you guys give this simple snack a try!

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment