Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Small Business Management

Good Evening?

Today's Tuesday right? I had my first day of business class yesterday. Very different from UCSD. Class size is around 30 if that. I sat in the second to the front row. My instructor seems to be a very calm, understanding, enthusiastic guy. We got our syllabus along with tons of information. You all know how the first day of class goes.

I did not want to deal with anything from the class yesterday. Which meant today I had to get my booty moving. I took the calendar to the left and marked it up a tad.

Added it all into my agenda. I try to color code things to make it easier for my brain to process. Orange = assignments due that day. Black = topics of the week along with the chapters that will be covered.

This is one thing I didn't miss. Paying an arm and a leg for textbooks. Y'all know exactly what I'm talking about! My instructor explained that they made it loose leaf to lower the price from $160 to $100. Not too bad but still. Geez . . . and I am worried it'll get bent up with some ease.

For this class we were assigned a type of business. I was handed dry cleaner. We each had to write our name on the paper next to our business. I noticed at the end that nobody had bakery. I couldn't help but ask my instructor if I could change. He said yes! Of course I would've liked hair and nail salon, but I'll take what I can get. Not really sure what this project is, but guess I'll find out next week.

I feel like the next five months give or take are going to be quite a ride. Wish me luck you guys!

ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment