Friday, February 20, 2015

Happy Chinese New Year?

Good evenin,

Another day of school and work. It is currently 11:40 pm 2/19/15. My appetite is still a bit low. I used to get crazy excited about food, but there are a few events that can change this for me. I won't write too much about school in this post, but I've got a few points to share. In an activity we had to write about someone that inspires us. Okay, before you read this know that I am not the best writer nor is my grammar on point, etc. I just had thoughts and wrote them down on my paper.


Inspiration

My "best friend/sister" has been my biggest inspiration in life. I've known her for around five years. We have never argued. She will tell me when I'm being crazy and wheel me back in when needed. No matter what life throws at me I know she's got my back.

She is extremely outgoing. Her sense of self reminds me that it is important to be MYSELF. I often take things far too seriously and when I do she reminds me that it's not the end of the world. I need to learn from the experience and keep moving forward.

She may be thousands of miles away, but I know that I can always count on her and her words of encouragement.


You guys know who I was referring to, right? Oh and sister if you're reading this, thanks girl!

Most of my classmates chose family members, but I felt that it was my go to type of answer. Inspiration can come from nearly anything you as an individual views as intriguing, impressive, or unique. Of course this can change from person to person and day to day.

Maybe I wrote a bit more related to school than planned . . . moving onto work. Today is Chinese New Year? I mean I am half Chinese, but that does not mean I celebrate all the holidays. At work today I had at least four people tell me Happy Chinese New Year. Is it because I'm Asian? I found that interesting.

Something very special happened while I was at work today. My coworker came in just to give me a Valentine's Day gift and Starbucks! I've covered shifts for her a few times I think. I didn't mind helping one bit. She was so thankful that she said she would buy me my favorite Starbucks drink. Not necessary! I did not expect to see her standing there waiting for me. She brought me a yummyful green tea soy latte, an envelope, and this cute little guy.

I was craving chocolate before Valentine's Day, and kind of still am. Look what was in the envelope! Awesome! How did she know I was in a chocolate phase? Behind the chocolates was a cute card with a very heartwarming message. Thank you!

This year I chose not to celebrate the holiday. I did do a DIY sugar body scrub, but that's about it. Let's just say I may hate Valentine's Day now. Just throwing that out there for now. Things could change, but not anytime soon . . .

Oh and again, Happy Chinese New Year lol

ALG
 

No comments:

Post a Comment