Wednesday, May 11, 2016

You're Too Smart To Be Here

Hello again guys,

Was about to say evening, but it is now a few past midnight. I went to work yesterday even though I would have rather curled up in bed watching movies and eating junk food. Oh man I am a genius. I just realized my computer's clock isn't adjusted for the time change soooo it is actually still evening. Sigh. I went to work yesterday and oddly enough it was decently busy for a Monday. My very generous tipper client came in for her gel pedicure. She's very sweet and I may envy her life. Just a little. I mean she always goes out with her friends for lunch, comes in for expensive mani pedis, worries about matching all her fancy expensive outfits, goes to get her hair done, takes the boat out on the weekends, etc. I am very grateful that she tips well. She liked to ask about me and my boyfriend so when I told her he broke up with me she said she was sorry etc. I told her maybe I would go back to school and get an office job. That's when she leaned in close and told me I was too smart to be at the salon. Which is a compliment but it made me stop and think about what I am doing, more like not doing with my life. I need a real job.

As for today it was meh. When I got to work they were playing sad music all day long. Perfect right? Luckily I had an almost full book. The not so nice thing was that I was scheduled my 5kd (meaning 10 nail art design) client at six for a gel mani 5kd at 6 when I was supposed to be off at 7. A regular no design gel mani takes an hour so you can imagine how confused I was when I saw someone had scheduled this. That particular client usually takes at least two hours! I kept myself busy by running around the salon completing chores. I try to get lost in my work when I do nails. I tried to keep my mind off of Schatzi but it was really hard. I tried not to let my clients know that I was starting to cry right in front of them. My friend got off work and waited over an hour for me to lunch. She's so sweet and I'm glad she is being supportive right now. Lunch being my meal of the day I ate a few slices of apple, a handful of green beans, and gave in to sharing a pretzel.

After lunch I had a no show so I did more chores. I was feeling down again. Even thinking maybe he would walk in any moment and it would be like one of those super cheesy scenes in those unrealistic romance movies. Of course it didn't happen and I just have to keep reminding myself he won't be coming down here again. Unless it's for reasons other than me of course. My final client came in and I am so glad I got to see her today. She always tests my skills and creativity. Today we decided to do loose glitter, marble nails, 3d acrylic flowers, and Swarovski crystals.I love that she lets me do whatever I want with her nails. I wish I had more clients like her. Normally I would be super excited to share the results with Schatzi, but I can't now. I hope you guys enjoy seeing my art though. Took a long time. Let's just say I was at work for over ten hours today.


My body is killing me though. Everything aches. My shoulders, upper and lower back, neck, legs, and even my bones. I don't know why. Could be from all the crying and lack of sleep. More like difficulty sleeping. It could be from work as well but I will pretend it is from working out. I have been using 10 lb weights for a week now. I know it's not much, but it's a big step and accomplishment for me. I wanted to get up to 10 lb because Schatzi's smallest weights are 10lbs. I was planning on working out up there so I had to get strong enough for that, but yeaa now it's not an issue.

Sorry this post is so long, but the lady on the emergency line did say writing can help. Thank goodness I am getting my massage this week. I needed a long hot bath, but my period is preventing that. Perfect timing everything. Attempting to be thinking of positives, I am getting a two hour nail lesson with my coworker tomorrow as he does my nails. Free nails plus learning sounds good to me! Nervous about having acrylics, but we will see how it turns out. I am exhausted in many ways and I think the lack of food, water, and sleep are hitting me so I will say good night now. I feel like it'll be another difficult night's sleep.

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment