Friday, April 3, 2015

Negative Space

What's up?

As you've read, I am in nail tech school. We do practical four days out of the week and since this week was manicuring week I got a mani! I knew we would do manis so I packed my favorite polish Schatzi bought for me. Don't know what I'm talking about? Click here. The color is bright and fun for spring and summer!







A new popular nail trend is the negative space. Meaning some portion of the nail is left without polish while the rest of the nail has. Every time I try to think of what it's called I end up thinking blank space. Like that Taylor Swift song!

At first I was going to have my classmate paint em all the same turquoise shade, but then I figured that would be too simple for me to look at. That's when I remembered the whole negative space trend and thought I would give it a try. I had her leave the middle stripe blank but it looked far too plain for me so I added subtle sparkles and black and turquoise dots. Seeing that empty part on my nails felt so strange. I kept saying something is missing. Something is just not right, but I think it has started to grow on me. It's been almost three days since I had them done and although I can't say they are my favorite I do think I will try another negative space design in the near future.

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment