Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Chili Or Not?

Salut mes amis!


It has been over a month . . . geez I am behind. Here's a quick and easy chili recipe for y'all! I am not a fan of ground beef or chili so I had no idea if it looks like chili or tastes like it. The family seemed to like it though. (don't ask why there is all this crazy spacing issues)
Ingredients:
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- onion
- green bell pepper
- can of diced tomatoes
- can of tomato sauce (not pictured)
- can of kidney beans
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup A1 sauce
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- oil to coat the pan
- salt & pepper

Step 1: Add the oil, ground beef, onions, and pepper to the pan. Cook for 5-8 minutes. You want to get the meet to start cooking. (If you like onions I suggest dicing them. My brother is not fond of onions so I left them in large pieces so the flavor would not be missing from the dish. Easy to remove before serving)
Step 2-3: Add in the spices. Cook for a few minutes. Add in the tomato products, water, and A1 sauce. You want this to cook for 10ish minutes.
Step 4: Add in them beans! Give it a good mix and cover. Cook for another 10-15 minutes. You want it to be fully cooked at the end of the timer. Stir occasionally. (This is when I took a pair of tongs and pulled out all the onions)
Step 5: Turn the heat down to keep the chili warm. Serve over rice (my brother's choice) or with toast/crackers. So this question is for all my chili eating friends out there: does it look like chili? Smelled good and the family ate it sooo give it a shot if you guys want something simple and warm!
ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment