Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fire! . . . False Alarm! . . . Well Kind Of

Evening everyone,

I got back from my ASL class and was chilling when my Ellen video was rudely interrupted by the fire alarm. It's been going off a lot but for a few seconds, so I didn't think much of this one. That is until it kept going off. Grabbed my camera for you guys, my phone, and my purse.



After evacuating the building we were told that some girls left eggs on the stove. I mean how difficult is it to cook eggs? Our suite was the only one standing outside in the middle of the day.

Had my math midterm. It wasn't that bad, but at the same time I don't want to jinx it. My mom would always tease me about a time in biology freshman year. I took a bio test and didn't realize there was a whole back side till we got our tests back in class. I honestly had no clue that it was there, so I talked to my teacher and he let me finish the problems. Sooooo keeping this in mind. I looked at the chalkboard in my math hall and it said what to write on the cover of our bluebooks and how much time we had left. Knowing I understood everything on the board I started my test. When I was done I handed my test in and sat back down to wait for Bob. Didn't want to waste time so I studied a bit of ASL. Something told me to look up at the board. Guess what I saw? There was a correction to one version of the test. My version! The green version! I flipped. Can you imagine finishing your test thinking you did fine then realizing it could all be wrong due to a few numbers?!? I walked back down to the table and asked the TA if I could get my test back or no cuz I could have cheated. He told me to ask my teacher. Luckily my teacher is really kind. He said since I didn't leave the room yet I could get my test back. I didn't want him to think that I cheated on the test so I sat down in a chair next to the table. He looked at me and said "You know, you can have a desk." I told him it was okay and quickly fixed my answers. Yeaaaa probably not the best way to start off my midterms, but hey at least I noticed!




I got back to the dorm just in time to surprise my roommate! Most of the suite planned to surprise her in the morning with cards and a cake at night. Here's the cake! I'm glad that we could all help to make her birthday away from home so special.

Well everyone, one midterm down 3 to go. Still have homework :(

ALG




6 comments:

  1. Good "heads-up" on the board. The HS Bio lesson paid-off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, you guys have a kitchen in your suite!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I guess it's a good thing that your mom teased you about that.

    ReplyDelete