Friday, October 18, 2013

Bridging Hands

Morning,

Before I went to my math discussion I dd some homework. The thing is that I put my notebook on my lap and my laptop on top of the notebook. Soooo you see how my thighs are slightly neon pink? The heat caused the color from the notebook to come off on my legs lol I didn't realize my legs were pink till I got to my math discussion.
Right after math Bob and I met Sarah at Price Center for a deaf meeting I wanted to attend. I was nervous because I am not great with my signing, but turns out the people sign and talk at the meetings. Although Sarah and Bob are not taking ASL, they were welcomed into the club. (Luckily I knew how to sign "These are my friends. They are not taking ASL") There was a part of the meeting when we had to go around the room and introduce ourselves. Bob and Sarah both introduced themselves in ASL! I was so proud of them because I taught them how to do that and they remembered!! I think I am going to totally join this club. It's not very demanding, and it is extremely interesting! Tbh I never felt this way when I was taking French in high school. Here's a short clip of how one student talks while another signs.


Remember the fire drill? Well they wanted us to feel like the dinning halls lost power. They provided some sort of BBQ outside Cafe V. I wasn't around to see the food, but I was there later for the yummy nachos, horchata, and taquito.
To bed!

ALG




2 comments: