Friday, October 4, 2013

Curly Fries & Therapy Fluffies


Morning now,

I ate lunch early today with some friends and the line for curly fries was short!!! So I decided to get me some curly fries since I have been craving them for like a whole week. I mean the lines are always like ten people long. Lunch was curly fries, ketchup, and salad. Not the healthiest meal but it was satisfying. This was our first time sitting in Pines instead of outside. So this time I could see the TV to watch Sweet Genius on Food Network! I got so absorbed into the show I stopped eating lol I had to read the subtitles though because they don't have the sound on.

Next to the curly fries I saw these odd looking sandwiches. They have cheese, meat, fries, and coleslaw. I think it is an odd combination, but Sarah had one for lunch. I don't think I will ever buy a sandwich because they are quite a bit of food for me to consume.

UCSD has this thing called Therapy Fluffies. It is meant to help destress people around finals and such. They are held at the Zone near Price Center. You enter the room, scan your ID card, and pet the dogs. There were 4 dogs to pet and play with at this session. Bob and I petted this beautiful golden retriever named Kalani. Her owner put a foam tiara on her head and a feather boa around her neck. If I tried to do that to my dog she would probably rip the foam to pieces and eat the feathers off the boa.


The room was full of students, dogs, and owners. Seeing the doggies was nice and all, but it made me really gloomy at one point. I realized I miss my baby. Want to know a story? Well not sure if it counts as a story. I slept with my purse at the end of my bed, somewhat in the way of my feet. I would have moved it, but I was to lazy to. The bag reminded me of my dog because she is always in my way when I am trying to sleep. Yet I never move her in fear that I would disturb her too much. The point here is that the purse kind of comforted me. Probably sounds strange, but it helped.

When I went to Cafe V to get dinner I was amazed when I saw this! I know colleges try to have different foods for students to try, but okonomiyaki?? Seriously? I first saw this on an episode of AprilJustinTV! At Cafe V it cost $6.95. Not sure if that is super expensive or a good deal. I was too afraid to try it so I stuck to some garbanzo and kidney beans and garlic bread . . . Ended the night with my college version of tea (water + honey + a frozen raspberry).

ALG

3 comments:

  1. Not unusual to have cole slaw in a sandwich; gives it extra crunch, moisture, and flavor. Your baby misses you too after a day at the spa.

    ReplyDelete