Monday, August 17, 2015

The Fence

Afternoon everyone,

When Schatzi was here he had the task of sanding, applying primer, and painting the fence in the backyard. He thought it would be relatively easy, but we were all in for a surprise. Took forever! He got an electric sander which sped things up, but still. I don't think he knows I took this photo. Look how short he looks standing on the other side of the fence.



The fence started off black as you can see in the first photo. After all the sanding we applied the primer. Sounds simple enough. It gets really hot standing in the sun holding your arm up to paint! I didn't help him with the sanding because I'm too girly for such things lol jk but not really. So I kept him company instead. Putting primer on was something I wanted to do though!


Took us a few days because we took breaks, I had work, and we had our outings. One of the hardest parts in my opinion was trying to get the primer to apply to the underside of the fence. Got it in the end though! I probably didn't do the best job, but it's done.

Painting a fence probably doesn't come to mind when you think of couples activities, but I can honestly say that I enjoyed it. Of course that's after we take away the parts when I was having my little emotional roller coaster.









Doesn't look half bad white if you ask me. I kind of like it because it makes me feel like I am near the beach. Also makes the backyard look a bit bigger than before. What do you guys think?

-ALG

No comments:

Post a Comment